Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pinterest Grows My Projects

      My new system became an even bigger project today.  Yep, I was on Pinterest again!  I'm going to be building myself a desk command center.  I'm going to use an old door as the back and build out from there.  I'll be adding a shelf to hold my binders, stapler and books.  Then adding a cup of some sort to hold pens, scissors and markers.  It will even give me a place to hang my clipboards and calendar.  And with adding the desk part, I'll have  a place to use all of it too.

      I got the door from my parents when they had theirs replaced.  I've been looking for an awesome way to repurpose it and making a new command center sounds perfect!  Now I've added a little more planning to this whole project, but that's usually one of my favorite parts!  Planning means you get to check out other people's awesome projects and put your own spin on things!

      Do you plan out your projects?  Or do you prefer to jump in head first?

8 comments:

  1. Oh I tend to race off with a modicum of planning and 'just' enough prep (often not enough!). Love the whole 'command centre' idea. Power on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very excited to set it all up. I think it will really help me :)

      Delete
  2. What a great way to repurpose a door! There are some really inventive ways of creating pen holders and desk tidies. Yogurt pots are great for keeping smaller items like pins and paper clips together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's such a great idea! I hadn't even thought about yogurt cups.

      Delete
  3. I like to think that I am sensible and that I plan, but I fear I just can't wait to get started and forge straight ahead. lol

    Look forward to pictures of your new project command centre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just a few more things to buy to get started. I will post pics of all the pieces before and then the final product :)

      Delete
  4. I honestly think we're sisters or something. I am so jelly of that door! My dream desk is a door with glass over it. My dream kitchen table is the same thing. And darn it I want a door coffee table. Pinterest is beautiful and the devil all at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! Pinterest gets me every time lol.. & It's crazy how much we think alike :) I love repurpose projects! They're my favorite :)

      Delete