Monday, September 1, 2014

It's been a while...

      Well...  I have fallen off the blogging wagon...  Actually I have honestly fallen off the almost everything wagon.  As a family we have had a ton going on these past few months...  We've moved into a house almost double the size of our old one, that needs a lot of work, My husband has switched jobs, I lost my grandpa, our oldest, TJ started online Kindergarten this year, our youngest, Cullen started walking and is into EVERYTHING, and our middle son, Lexton has been diagnosed with Severe Autism Spectrum Disorder with accompanying Language Impairment (He's completely non-verbal)and Developmental Coordination Disorder.  So now our weekly schedule includes Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies as well as Lexton having two days of Early Intervention Preschool.  

       In all of that I have managed to fall behind on everything! My house, on most days looks like a tornado went through it.  I haven't had laundry all completely washed, dried and all put away since we've lived here.  (We moved in May).  I even still have a few boxes that I haven't unpacked.  On top of that, since I haven't couponed in months, my stockpile has dwindled down to next to nothing!  I've even paid full price for items that I know I shouldn't have.  
     
      So here I am... Sitting at the dining room/classroom table (I gave up my desk for TJ to have for his school computer) writing on the off chance that someone might be reading and feeling the same way I do right now, which honestly is a little overwhelmed.  But I am determined to get back on track!  I want to get back to my happy peace.  I'm done with letting life control me!  I know it's going to be a process figuring out a system that's going to work for me in this stage of my life, now that everything has so drastically changed.  But it's time to get back to basics... So, fresh start here I come!
      Anyone else on board?


10 comments:

  1. Wow Britney you have been through one heck of a time with upheavals. My son also has autism, he is becoming more mild as he gets older but also has ADHD. Early intervention is the key, with consistency there will be improvements. I am sorry to hear about your loss of your grandfather as well. Hang in there, and do the best you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miriam! It's been a crazy few months, but now things are finally settling down schedule-wise. And by settled down I only mean that Lex is finally in all the therapies he's supposed to be, at least for now. Thank you, I know he continue to make improvements with his therapy. He's already doing much better than he was this time last year! I'm glad to hear your son's ASD has gotten milder as he's gotten older. :)

      Delete
  2. Gee it's been a tough few months for you. But your optimism shines through and it sounds like you're determined. Staying the course is challenging when overwhelm hits. Sometimes you just have to let stuff go and focus on the critical issues. Sounds like you'll need to set up a flexible system and set of routines to get back on track and move ahead. I'm betting you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, you sure have gone through the wringer: that's a lot of losses! It might be best to take it easy, be gentle with yourself through all your turmoil. Do what you can. BTW, interesting as I never knew there was such a thing as online Kindergarten! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elly! I am taking baby steps to get through things right now. Just taking it day by day. Slow and steady definitely wins the race when there's such drastic changes going on in life. That's my new motto :) He's attending Kindergarten through Connections Academy. It's an online public school. I'm hoping in the next few years to be able to homeschool, it just isn't in the cards yet with so much life happening around us :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Brittany - nice to "meet" you. Firstly - I love the names you have chosen for your children. Very cool.

    Sorry that live has been a bit of a burden for you at the moment. The good news is that it will only be for a moment. You will get your groove back and find that balance. Hang on in there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support! & Thank you for liking the boys' names. They're all named after family, with the exception of Cullen's first name. Yep, I'm one of those moms who read twilight & loved it lol. Lexton's name was the hardest to come up with lol. He's named after my grandma Lexie & I didn't like Alexander (There's already several in the family between both sides). So we kind of just came up with it lol.

      I know that it's always darkest for the dawn. And things are starting to look up for us again. I'm glad I finally have a little time to put into my blogging again. Writing is my happy place :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you SO much! I read her letter post and it really hit home. She really does know exactly how I'm feeling! It's incredible to know there are people who have been through what I'm going through right now, and have come out on top and been able to really thrive! She gives me great inspiration that we will get there! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life gets tough but I'm glad to see you're pushing through and staying positive. :)

    ReplyDelete