Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cooking in the Crock-Pot & Easy Crock-Pot Chicken & Dumplings

      Today I want to talk about crock-pot cooking & share a super yummy & easy recipe with you!  Cooking in a crock-pot is nothing new, but lately it has definitely been making a comeback.  I have four big reasons why I love my crock-pot:


  1.  It's easy!  This is important for me on our busier days.  Especially if you can make a whole meal in there.  You can even prep it the night before!  Put all starting ingredients in the crock, put the lid on and throw it in the fridge until you're ready to start it in the morning.
  2.  It's fix it and forget it!  I can put everything in, turn it on and then I don't have to do anything for it for HOURS!  This gives me lots of extra time with my boys.
  3. It's cheap!  You can use cheaper cuts of meat in the crock and they'll turn out really tender and juicy.
  4. It puts less heat in the house.  It's still summer and I don't like to make it any hotter in the house than I absolutely have to.  I do not like the heat!

   
 Now for the recipe:

Easy Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings

  • 4-6 Chicken Breasts; thawed and cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 Large Can (26oz) Cream of Chicken 
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1c Water
  • 2 10oz Cans Refrigerated Biscuits

  1. Add Chicken, Cream of Chicken, Butter and Water to crock. Cook on High 5 hours.
  2. Tear Biscuits into bite size pieces, put in crock.  Cook on High additional 1 hour. 
  3. Stir & Serve!

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this. I love my crockpot and am always looking for new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's delicious! We had it for dinner last night & it was so yummy I had to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to guess that your crock-pots are our slow cookers :) (I'm in the UK). They are definitely great for busy days. We tend to use ours on a Wednesday since our daughter has gymnastics on a night and needs dinner as soon as she gets home, so she can then go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, same thing lol! We have a very hectic schedule. My oldest is in online Kindergarten Monday through Friday (Pretty much the teachers plan the lessons, I teach them (and then he's tested) then my middle son has therapy Mondays and Tuesdays and preschool Tuesdays and Thursdays. Most days by the time everything is done, we are all ready to crash!

      Delete