- It's easy! This is important for me on our busier days. Especially if you can make a whole meal in there. You can even prep it the night before! Put all starting ingredients in the crock, put the lid on and throw it in the fridge until you're ready to start it in the morning.
- It's fix it and forget it! I can put everything in, turn it on and then I don't have to do anything for it for HOURS! This gives me lots of extra time with my boys.
- It's cheap! You can use cheaper cuts of meat in the crock and they'll turn out really tender and juicy.
- It puts less heat in the house. It's still summer and I don't like to make it any hotter in the house than I absolutely have to. I do not like the heat!
Now for the recipe:
Easy Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts; thawed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Large Can (26oz) Cream of Chicken
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1c Water
- 2 10oz Cans Refrigerated Biscuits
- Add Chicken, Cream of Chicken, Butter and Water to crock. Cook on High 5 hours.
- Tear Biscuits into bite size pieces, put in crock. Cook on High additional 1 hour.
- Stir & Serve!