Monday, September 8, 2014

Back to Couponing

      I've started buying newspapers for couponing again.  I'm so excited to be getting back to the things I love.  Today I bought four newspapers.  That seems to be a pretty good number for my family of five.  Although I do use sundaycouponpreview.com to watch for diaper coupons.  When they are in the paper I usually buy eight, since we have two in diapers.  Not to mention that in this house, we go through wipes like nobody's business.

      I'm ashamed to say that I let a lot of great coupons expire when I took this break. 32 inserts to be exact.  And that's not even counting all the ones I had clipped and organized in my binder.  And now, from only having the coupons from this Sunday's paper, my binder seems quite empty...

      On the upside, I only couponed for about six months before taking my break and I just recently had to start buying things again.  That means that in six months time, I gathered a stockpile that lasted us almost five months!  Now I'm super excited to see how fast it will grow again!

      Do you coupon?  How about stockpile?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck at building your binder up again. Couponing isn't such a big thing over here and not many papers have them in--at least from what I've noticed. I have an app on my phone and get student discount when we go out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had the great coupon deals over here. I love watching those Extreme Couponing shows where people end up spending pennies for a truck load of shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love couponing, but gave it up some time ago because of how long it took me. I'd like to start back, but on a smaller scale. We don't use many boxed products, but it saves a ton on cleaning supplies. Good luck getting your stockpile built up again!

    ReplyDelete